Conditions of Entry for Senior Tournaments
*The Categories are defined as the following:
Men’s, Women’s & League A = County players & higher division league players.
Mixed Doubles League B = Intermediate league/club & strong lower division league players
League C = Low level league/club & very strong social level players
League D = (Men Only) Strong social/non-league players
Please Note: If entries are low for Ladies Doubles (A or B), we are likely to combine these categories)
Men’s & Women’s League A = Strong league/club, Strong-intermediate league & Club players
Singles League B = (Men Only) Intermediate league/club & very strong social players
Pairings of Mixed standard/ability, must enter a category at the stronger player’s standard/ability!
League A & B players cannot play down a level. League B & C can play up a category
Players may only enter ONE category/league of each event!!
We strongly encourage players & pairings who have previously entered the lower categories, and have reached the finals to consider playing the next level above! In some cases we will insist!
1. Competitors for each events must be 15 years of age or older on the date of the tournament.
2. Both competitors in all events MUST submit a separate online entry with the appropriate fees by the closing dates given. It is the tournament organisers/secretary discretion if entries and/or fee are accepted. Entries made from 13/12/23 will be subject to a LATE SURCHARGE FEE of £3 per player, per event.
3. Competitors seeking a partner must enter ‘partner wanted’ where ‘partner’s name’ is required, and do so knowing that they will be attempted to be best paired with a possible unknown player of similar standard/ability according to their details submitted . Also that they will be paired if a partner and places are available.
4. The referee reserves the right not to hold an event if insufficient entries are received and to limit numbers.
5. If a player or pairing plays down in a lower standard, they may be scratched from the tournament.
6. Entry is at the competitor’s own risk, and by signing the entry form the competitor undertakes that to the best of their knowledge they are healthy to compete.
7. Please arrive and be ready to play in your event at least half an hour before the scheduled start time, as late arrival may mean that your game is conceded. All competitors must report to the registration desk upon arrival and must not leave the hall without the tournament organiser’s permission, until eliminated from all events. ANY COMPETITOR NOT READY TO PLAY WHEN CALLED UPON WILL BE LIABLE TO BE SCRATCHED AND/OR PENALISED
8. Crossfire Badminton Club will not be liable for any expense incurred as a result of this event being cancelled or postponed. All expenses are at the sole risk of the competitor
9. WITHDRAWAL. Notification must be given immediately; however, any withdrawal after 13th Dec 2023 will not be subject to a refund.
10. Any refunds due, must be requested by email within 21 days after the event date. Payment will be within 7 days.
11. Competitors must be prepared to play at the times stated for the commencement of each event. Notifications of your start times will be emailed by Wednesday 20th Dec 2023, or check www.crossfirebadminton.co.uk for details. It is the responsibility of the competitor if you do not receive any notification by this date, to contact the tournament secretary. The notification will also confirm if your entry has NOT been accepted due to over subscription or insufficient entries.
12. No matches on this day will commence before 8.45am or after 9pm
13. All events will be played in groups with winners going through to a knockout stage. If there is only one group, no knockout stage will be played. All Players must compete with fair play and use badminton etiquette at all times!
14. Quality feathered Ling Mei shuttlecocks will be used.
15. Unless stated all events shall be 1 game to 21, with no setting. Rally points scoring will be used
16. Entry forms must be submitted online by the closing date/s with the correct entry fee. Payments will be requested when completing the registration form either by following the link provided, or by an email sent to the given address.
17. PRIZES. Badminton prizes (league A only), Trophies or Medals will be distributed and awarded to the winners and runners-up of all events.
18. The referee reserves the right to change any of the conditions above. Their decision in all matters is final.
Scheduled Start Times – 9.00am onwards. Confirmation of times/category will be emailed - 20/12/23
League A - Doubles / Singles = £17 /£19 Per Player, Per Event (£20/ £22 from 13/12/23)
League B & C Doubles /Singles B = £15 / £17 Per Player, Per Event (£18 / £20 from 13/12/23)
Please find details of our forthcoming tournament below. See the attachments for full details.
Hurry as spaces are limited and the closing date is soon! Please inform other players who may also be interested!
ENTRY FEES (Late Entry Fees)
This will be required upon completing the online registration form
A link to the payment page, and/or a email to the given address will be provided for you to complete your application.
|All-Stars 22nd Open Senior Tournament Dec 2023|
|Young-Stars 2nd Open Junior Tournament Dec 2023|
|Xmas party 2013|